REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
Jetzlaw is one of the leading practices in Los Cabos. Our accomplished team of lawyers, which includes our Municipal, Planning & Environmental group, provides expert and practical advice to a diverse group of clients.
We have demonstrated expertise in all areas of real estate, leasing, and development law. Our depth of experience in real property law enables us to serve a wide range of clients, national retailers, financial institutions, real estate investment trusts, commercial and real estate owners, managers, developers and builders.
Our Group’s broad and varied practice touches on virtually all areas of commercial real estate activity, including:
Commercial Acquisitions and Dispositions
Our lawyers have provided real estate expertise in respect of many prominent commercial transactions, including the following representative examples:
- Acting for a university on a complex ground-lease proposal to redevelop lands for residential, retail and hotel use
- Acting in conjunction with an acquisition of a parcel of land for construction of a film studio targeting large-scale film production
- Acting on behalf of professional sports teams in the acquisition and development of arenas
- Acting for a syndicate of lenders on a complex project financing of a major regional shopping centre
- Acting for a major Canadian retailer in the acquisition and development of its “big box” locations in shopping centres throughout the country
- Acting for a REIT in respect of its property acquisitions including office and industrial properties throughout the country
Land Development Industry
Our Land Development Industry lawyers provide advice on all types of development projects from initial acquisition and site selection, through the planning approval process, to ultimate construction and/or disposition.
Our lawyers are skilled and experienced in working for both public institutions and private enterprises in all aspects of the development and construction process. We regularly represent clients before the Ontario Municipal Board, as well as other administrative tribunals and at all levels of the court system.